Over the past few weeks I’ve made a bunch of makeup purchases. Since I’ve now had some time to test them out at home, I wanted to do a review here and share my favorites!
- MAC x Patrickstarrr Set Powder – Do you remember in this post when I said that I’ve never been able to find a setting powder just as good or better than Laura Mercier’s translucent powder? Well, look no further. I wouldn’t say that this stuff is BETTER, but it’s definitely amazing. Super lightweight, and will tame any type of oil on your face. Plus, the packaging is super cute and comes in a sparkly box (if you’re into decorating your vanity with cute packaging, like me). Highly recommend. (OK – I just realized this product is SOLD OUT everywhere online, but you should be able to find it in stores – either at MAC or at a MAC counter in Nordstrom, Macy’s etc.)
- Jaclyn Hill x Morphe Eye Shadow Palette – I’ve had my eye on this one for a while now, and I’m very happy with my purchase. You can create endless looks with this palette. There are a wide variety of matte and shimmer shades, and I’ve loved using it on myself and my clients. If you’re looking for a palette that has it all, this is your go to. Bonus, it’s only $38 and has 35 shades #win. Here are a few photos of a look I created with this palette:
- Flawless Darker Self-Tan by Fake Bake – I was really skeptical about using a self tanner because all I hear is horror stories and I’ve seen a lot of splotchy, orange elbows (if you know, you know). I read some great reviews on this product, so I decided to give it a chance. Here are my tips if you’re going to try this: It’s REALLY DARK. Use it at night and shower in the morning. Once you’ve showered it’s beautiful. If you’re fair skinned, you might want to reconsider and buy a lighter shade. Fake Bake has so many different self-tanners, and I think this is one of the darkest. Be very gentle and light around your elbows, hands and feet; those areas are prone to streakiness. Lastly, make sure you shower and exfoliate right before for best results. Here is a photo of me after using the product (it’s winter in New England, so I literally had NO tan whatsoever).
- IT Brushes for Ulta (Airbrush Masters 6 Pc. Advanced Brush Set) – Normally, I’m all about the MAC brushes because they are amazing quality and last forever. But WOW, I’m sooo happy with these IT Cosmetics brushes. They are extremely soft and blend everything so well. It comes with a blurring flat top brush, a soft touch angled brush, a buffing flat top foundation brush, a bent liner brush (OMG game changer), a precision crease brush and an “all over” round shadow brush. All of these are great, but the bent liner brush was a new one for me. It makes applying gel liner so much easier. If you’re in the market for new brushes, these pretty much cover all the bases. And $65 for 6 brushes is pretty amazing, that would probably cost over $150 if bought individually. It also comes with a quilted black case, super cute.
- Too Faced Born This Way Foundation – I don’t know what prompted me to venture out and try a new foundation (I’ve been wearing Tarte Amazonian Clay for years), but I’m happy I did. While I’ll probably never get rid of my staple, this is great stuff and comes with way more in the bottle. I only use one pump of this and it covers my entire face. It looks almost airbrushed. I’ve worn it for a week now and it’s been super gentle on my skin. It’s also oil free for anyone who has oily skin. I wear the shade Warm Beige.
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in shade “Pillowtalk” – The perfect nude and formula! I’m obsessed with this color, it’s super natural looking and really just enhances the natural color of my lips. It’s a matte formula, but doesn’t dry out your lips at all. It also has a square tip, which helps with precise application. (Also noticed that this is sold out everywhere online. You may need to get it at your local Nordstrom or Bloomingdales, etc.)